Understanding Water Mitigation After Your Home is Flooded
ServiceMaster by Cornerstone, Memphis, TN
Has a torrential rainstorm flooded your home, or perhaps a pipe burst, and you now have standing water in your house? Whatever the situation, if you have flood damage, you need to immediately contact your insurance provider and a reputable emergency restoration company namely, ServiceMaster by Cornerstone. ServiceMaster by Cornerstone is the top rated and recommended emergency restoration company for many reasons. The primary reason is because they will work with your insurance provider and navigate the insurance process with ease. You can consider ServiceMaster by Cornerstone your professional guide from start to finish when disaster strikes at your home.
Water Mitigation is defined as, “The process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that occurs after a flood and aiding in recovery from water damage, by focusing on returning a property to its pre-loss condition.” Flooding causes substantial water damage in your home, and failure to properly restore your home can render it uninhabitable. ServiceMaster by Cornerstone understands the frustration of being displaced and your eagerness to return to your home quickly. However, what you may not realize is there are often unseen components that can put your family’s safety at risk. Listed below, are just a few of the tasks that ServiceMaster by Cornerstone will perform during the water mitigation process.
- Remove all water through a water extraction process. Using commercial grade wet-dry vacuums, they will remove all floodwater immediately. Floodwater is contaminated so it is important that you use our professional restoration team.
- Begin the large-scale drying process, this will include structure drying. Using industrial grade fans, they will dry out and dehumidify the entire area affected by water damage.
- Damaged wood will be removed. The water damaged wood could completely break down, resulting in structural damage to your home. Also depending on the length of time the wood has been soaked, it could become infested with insects.
- Damaged carpet or rugs will either be disposed of, or ServiceMaster by Cornerstone will do their best to salvage them, again using their industrial grade dehumidification and drying equipment.
- They will check to see if wall repair needs to be completed. Mold and structural decay can hide in the walls, so its safest to open them to ensure their integrity has not been compromised.
- Dispose of any debris or items that can not be salvaged. You won’t have to worry with any clean-up, ServiceMaster by Cornerstone prides itself on leaving every job spotless.
- Finally, we professionally clean your homes contents, and safely store your household goods until you can move back in to your newly restored home.
As mentioned earlier, these are just a few of the tasks ServiceMaster by Cornerstone completes to ensure your home is restored. The amount of work that needs to be done is dependent on how much water damage your home received.
If you have experienced a water disaster, contact ServiceMaster by Cornerstone for your home restoration needs. Their goals are to exceed your expectations, alleviate your concerns and restore your home to its original glory. Their experienced emergency restoration professionals are reliable, compassionate, and knowledgeable. ServiceMaster by Cornerstone will get your life back to normal as quickly as possible. Call them the moment disaster strikes at (901) 624-9200 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Flood clean up Memphis, flood cleanup near me, Memphis Flood restoration, ServiceMaster, ServiceMaster by Cornerstone, ServiceMaster Cleaning, ServiceMaster Memphis, ServiceMaster near me, ServiceMaster TN, SM by Cornerstone, water damage, water damage floor, water damage floor restoration, Water Damage repair costs, Water damage restoration, Water Damage Restoration costs